LAKEWAY AIRPARK FACTS
115 Flying Scot St. Lakeway TX 78734
The Lakeway Airpark has a robust and very active Volunteer "Corp" that are passionate about protecting the Lakeway Airpark for current Members, Homeowners and Residents of Lakeway. This includes Pilots and Non-Pilots alike.
Airports are one of the least understood parts of cities and are often under attack due to being misunderstood or mis-characterized. Sometimes airports are poorly managed and close themselves off from their communities concerns. Other times certain groups outside the airport have motivations, agendas or just personal vendetta's and work hard to damage airports.
Very fortunately for Lakeway residents and pilots, the Lakeway Airpark runs a tight ship with friendly and responsible volunteers focused on safety, good governance, beautification and welcoming visitors from near and far. All of this is at no cost to the city.
Before you decide to get involved, please note the following:
Benefits of the Lakeway Airpark
- Open to the public.
- Access to the Lakeway Resort community by air.
- A major financial contributor to the local economy. Hotels, Dining, Golf, Boating, etc.
- A key base for emergency services; air ambulances; angel flights; 1st responders.
- Closed at night; closed all the time to large airplanes.
- Family access to watch planes, learn about aviation and interact directly with pilots.
What does it mean to "Get Involved"?
- Join one of our 9 volunteer Teams and become apart of the Airpark Volunteer Corps.
- One to two hours per week commitment.
- When possible, show up at our Board meetings, which are held on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Airpark @ 9:30. Volunteers help do manual labor items during the hour prior.
- Pitch in at our events, fundraisers, Fish Fry, open houses, etc.
Ok, I'm in! Where do I sign up?
Just email us at concerns@3R9.org or come by on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 9:30am to meet us and chat. We'd love to meet you and show you around!